Tuesday, May 15, 2012

CPD23 Thing #1, once again

Although I'm not currently working in a library job or library building, I do consider myself a "librarian-at-large" as I am consulted by friends and family for research assistance and just cannot help sending on great links and sites to folks who'll appreciate them. My young adult book recommendation blog - http://booksyalove.blogspot.com/ - is my biggest outreach, as I search for the great books from debut authors and smaller publishing houses, the books that aren't plastered all over the bestsellers lists.

With BooksYALove, I've done several blog challenges and am currently halfway through the WordCount Blogathon as I marked my book blog's first birthday on May 1, 2012 and will soon have 200 YA book recommendations (no spoilers!) in total.

I did Library 23 Things in 2008 and its follow-up Library 11.5 Things in 2009  (see my earlier posts on those topics using labels), so it's time to polish up on my technology skills again. I tried CPD23 last year, but real life got in my way, and I couldn't catch up. And perhaps with the more-relaxed pace of the 2012 version of CPD23, I'll get it all done this year!
**kmm

No comments: