Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thing #11.5

1. Favorite discoveries - I loved finding out how easy Screencasting is! Wish I'd known about it long ago so that I could have created myriad "how-to-do-it-online" demos.

2. Toward lifelong learning goals - Rather than being drowned in new tech apps, I am at least treading water! Many school librarians that I know haven't even put on their floaties yet...

3. Unexpected outcomes - Delighted with the sheer quantity of offerings on Slideshare for great presentations that I never could attend in person. I'll never run out of things to explore and learn there.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? Thing 10 took so much more time than the other Things because SL has a steeper learning curve than most of the other tools explored. Perhaps need to divide it into smaller parts with specific focus, like reading about SL in education in one Thing and exploring SL with your avatar in another Thing.

Thanks again to Spring Branch ISD, Dr. BB and all our great Lifeguards for developing the 23 Library Things and the 11.5 Things and allowing the out-of-towners to come over and play! I would have never discovered all these things on my own...

Next stop - Italy! Heading for the International Association for School Librarianship conference in Abano Terme, Italy (with a few days in Venice, too!)

No comments: